An Intense Four Week Program
(Program duration can be altered and customized to accomodate other school activities)
PHASE 1 - Introduction
(to be completed prior to start of program)
• Promotional posters (included) are displayed throughout the
school one month prior to start of program.
• Separate introductory meetings for students and parents.
- Students show the director what they can do. ALL students are
welcomed, regardless of instrument or skill level. The only
mandatory requirements are a natural sense of rhythm and the
guts to perform before a live audience.
PHASE 2 - Rehearsals (program officially begins)
• Students are assigned to individual bands and rehearsal
schedules are created with the advise and consent of parents
and school faculty. Generally 4X per week and more
as showtime approaches.
• Banner and other promotional materials are produced
NOTE: This program does NOT provide
individual music lessons.
We primarily teach students how to work together as a band and perform on-stage. Students are expected to learn their parts at home and come to rehearsal prepared to play. Independent music lessons (outside of program) are strongly encouraged during the process.
• Song selections are chosen by the director and are tailored to
each band's individual capabilities and personality.
PHASE 3 - Dress Rehearsals and Concert
• Students work on their stage presence and musicianship,
preferably in the venue itself (auditorium/gymnasium).
• Rehearsals are extended into the evening for the three
days leading up to the show.
• Design and produce programs and concert promotional materials.
• Lighting and sound crews are brought in 2-3 days before the
show for setup and test runs during dress rehearsals. Light crew
coordinates with in-house lights and spot light volunteers.
• Coordinate with parent volunteers and PTA to create backstage
VIP area, meet & greet table, and concessions.
• Separate on-site introductory meetings for parents and students
• Evaluations • Promotions • Band pictures • Professional sound and lighting with crew
• 1.5-2 hour rehearsals 4X per week and extended final week dress rehearsals before show
• Custom-branded design & printing of promotional posters, banners, t-shirts and flyers
• Special guest “real rock star” and/or professional musician unplugged
intermission performance (school music teachers are encouraged to participate) and MORE...
What does the school
need to provide?
What do the parents
need to provide?
• Venue (auditorium/gymnasium)
with access to in-house
lighting and sound
• Rehearsal space/room
• Secure storage room for bulk equipment (drums, amplifiers, etc.)
• Overall support of staff, faculty, parents,
• Student instruments and all supporting equipment (cables, extension cords, amplifiers, cables, etc.)
• Music lessons (recommended)
• A commitment to help and
support the program